Asia, News, Pacific, Phosphate, Purified Acids

Kalium Lakes Update: More Assay Results from Beyondie Sulfate of Potash Project Published

Kalium Lakes Limited (KLL) has announced additional assay results from its Beyondie sulfate of potash project (BSOPP) in Western Australia. These results were from auger holes located in the eastern tenements resource area, which comprise Stage 2 of the project. The potassium grades are consistent with results obtained from the same locations two and four years ago. The ongoing sampling program reflects KLL’s strategy, where a staged development approach provides initial production from the western areas of the project (Stage 1 currently under construction) then expands production to include the eastern areas (Stage 2 ).
KLL is currently targeting the construction, commissioning and operation of the BSOPP, based solely on Stage 1 of the Project which covers 6369 hectares or 21% of the 30 225 hectares of total available lake surface area. Stage 2 of the Project, which includes the remaining 23 856 hectares or 79% of the total available lake surface area and palaeovalley sequence, represents the expansion phase and is anticipated to deliver considerable benefits in terms of increased production volumes and potential extension to the life of the Project.
“These results continue to confirm the high grades for our future Stage 2 eastern lakes. The majority of these lakes only have Mineral Resources associated with the upper two meters of the lake area,” Managing Director, Brett Hazelden, commented. “There is significant potential to move the Exploration Target lake aquifer and palaeochannel material below this upper two meters into Mineral Resources, following completion of future drilling and aquifer testing.” Hazelden also said that his company continues “to focus our efforts on developing the Stage 1 area to become the first SOP producer in Australia. It is important for our current and future investors to recognize the potential that Stage 2 offers which has almost four times the lake surface area of Stage 1.”

About the Author